Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Walgreens and Schnuck's 9/24/08

I got really lucky today! I'm so happy! I was sitting in traffic, trying to get across town in what should take about 25 minutes and instead took 45 when I thought I should look at my coupons. I discovered to my absolute horror, that I had a $10 RR that expired 9/21/08!!!! That was at least $7 free money. I had no idea if Walgreens would take it, if I should ask first or play dumb. I played dumb and then thought if it didn't work, I would call out the big dogs aka manager and try my might! Turns out I didn't need to worry. I bought 2 pkgs Nabisco cookies 2/$5 and 1 Crest @ $4.49, plus a clearance notebook @ 1.09. My RR scanned no problem and I got back 3 RR and 4.50 RR. OOP was .97. Cookies ended up being 1.00 each, mouth wash free. I'll do this a few more times. I did check into their RX program. I am interested in getting the W card because of some extra money that can be made using it, but it costs $20 upfront. I needed to fill a RX that I know is on the $4 Walmart plan. Wags doesn't price match. They want you to buy the card ($35 family, $20 single) and then you can buy a 90 supply for $12 off the "list." My particular drug, if I paid full price through my insurance would be $11 which I could get back via FSA, but why would I want to spend 11, when I can spend 4 and get that back as well? Walgreens explained I would be getting my money back but being I only have 1 prescription, I decided to take my script elsewhere, for the time being. Off to Schnucks I went. Their deal is $4 generic drug or 90 day supply for $10. I did the latter.

As for grocery deals:
Catalina for Powerade Zero is working!!!! Buy 6 get 4 oyno. They were on sale for .80 each, or .13 each after cat.
3 Johnson buddies that I had catalina $3 off 3 items. Free
2 Kraft cheese wyb 3 Kraft products (Kool-aid)
1 OM all beef hotdog wyb 3 Kraft products (see above)
2 Glade refills (made mistake - needed to buy the plugin using b1g1 @ 3.29 would have got $4 oyno)
2 scrubbie things because mine are old and falling apart!
1 Hot dog bun - we had them for dinner.
BC 30.70 AC 15.46 got back $4 cat and another J&J coupon to buy more buddies.

I need to pull coupons for this weekend. Overlap days at Walgreens starts Friday and hopefully they will issue a $10 off $40 coupon!

1 comment:

Erica said...

Sounds like walgreen's is the place to go. CVS has been sad the last few months.