Friday, June 13, 2008

6/13/08 CVS, Wags, CVS, Wags, Schnucks

CVS
3 Biore Products @ 7.49. Used $3 Q's, earned 10 ecb. This purchase can be used for the free purse ($86 value) that Glamour magazine is promoting filled with "summer essentials".
1 Excedrin $9.99- had 3 off CVS coupon as well 2 off MQ. Earned 3 ecb, final cost 1.99.
Missing from picture is Dove Dark Chocolate bar that I had to add to get = number of Q and products so CVS Q wouldn't beep. This was a store I had not been to before and is in an older part of town. Cashier looked at every single coupon like I was doing something wrong, although she was very coupon friendly. I would assume that the store has a higher loss than others in town so I'm sure she was just being more careful.
Total $32.96, used $13 Q, 8 ecb paid $13.08 (OH MY GOSH!) and got back 13 ecb. Net cost $8.08. Not great but I'll use the products and hopefully get the free purse. Saved 60%.



Wags trip 1
I got a $5 off $20 purchase emailed to me from Walgreens, good only for today. I am loving these coupons. Only problem is that you have to have $20 after Wags Q's are taken off but before MQ's.

2 Pure American Water - I purchased these expecting a RR to print for free BBQ set from Men's Health Magazine. No such luck. They were $1 each.
1 Multi-betic Vitamin Free after ESR.
1 Theragran M Vitamin Free after ESR.
2 Electrasol @ 2.99. I used .75 Q's on both.
3 Jello on sale for 0.39 each. I used $.50. Final cost $0.22 per box.

Total $25.63. Used $8.50 in Q's. OOP $18.39. Will get back $16.48 for ESR. Net cost $1.91.




Schnuck's

I needed dog food and had a ton of coupons! I was actually planning on switching to a premium food and wanted to only buy a small bag since I didn't even have enough to feed them today. Schnuck's had a bunch of dog food and chewie's on sale / clearance so I tried to match up what I had with what they had. I figured if I could get a good enough deal on several types, I make my own blend!
2 Goodlife Recipe, paid $1.81 each after Q's.
4 Purina dog bones, paid 0.24 for one big one (the other was free), the double pkg was free after Q's and Catalina (see below)
1 Andy Seasoned salt, $0.99

My total was $25.59 - $10 MQ's, paid $17.31 OOP after tax.
Once I got to car, I realized that the big bones in picture rang up 5.99 instead of 2.74. I had $1.5 coupons so $1.24 was a good price, $4.50 wasn't. I went back inside and got a refund of $10.08.
I'm looking at the return receipt and just realized that she gave me back the money for both bones then only re-rang the correct price once. Final cost I paid OOP is 7.23, but should have paid $10.36. I also got a Catalina for $4 oyno for buying 4 Purinas. I will be doing this deal again several times if I have enough coupons! Total after catalina was $3.23 for everything. Savings of 66%.



Last but not least another trip to Walgreens.... used another $5 off $20 coupon.
2 Hoodia @ 6.99 each but was b1g1 free.
2 Organix Hair products @ 6.99 but was b1g1 plus there is MIR so will be free for both.
1 Skin Shield @ 3.99, will get 3.30 back for ESR.
2 Milk Duds Theater boxes @ 1.29 each - were marked 3 for $3 but I'm so tired of going back for price adjustments that I'm eating the difference.... this week I have been to Walmart for 1.50, Walgreens for 1.60, Schnucks for 10.08 and CVS for 6 ecb. That is $19 but I just wish it was right the first time!!
1 Skittles @ .50
1 Starburst @ .50

We were going to the movies (thanks to General Mills cereal deal back in May!) and wanted to take along our own candy... how wrong is that?! Got to save $ where I can!

Total value $35.53, paid $17.71 oop. Will get $6.99 back for shampoo and 3.30 for Skin Shield. Net oop $7.42 a savings of 72%!

I think that is it! I sure hope so, because I'm tired! We saw Indiana Jones and fell asleep for a few minutes after struggling to stay awake. I even used some of my free Kickers energy boost but I still snoozed in the final showdown. Woke up in time to see them escape. I really needed/wanted to get some Shia time but I wasn't as impressed as I had hoped. Oh well, it was free! Just for fun, I added all June totals.
I've bought $531.42 worth of food and health/beauty items and paid $133.74. I used to spend that on a single trip to the store and/or Walmart!


No comments: