Friday, July 25, 2008

7/25/08 Walmart Cherry Picking

I spent several days perusing the deals to be had at Walmart, my least favorite store to shop, I decided to hit them up after a change of plans freed up my evening. I had a general idea of prices from other areas of the country but was really surprised how "expensive" some of the things were. Just not as cheap as I had hoped, but I still saved close to 70% off the bill, whereas in the past, I haven't had many deals that were more than 50% saved.

BC 86.69, AC + tax 27.42. Used gc from bike win that I took back a few weeks ago.

5 YoPlus @ 1.23 each
4 Juicy Juice @ 1.76 each (for DD school lunches)
3 Farmland products all about 1.00 each.
3 Pickles @ .46 each
3 South Beach pizza @ .72 each
4 Single serve pie slices @ 1.01 for 2 pieces per box
2 Gold Bond free + overage
2 John Frieda mousse free + overage
4 Pert shampoo free + overage. (Years ago when this first came out, I hated it. Now that it is repackaged and remarketed, I have tried it and was surprised. It is good for DD who sometimes over conditions her tweenage, oily hair.)
5 Bertolli sauce with the box thanks to the suggestion offered on the Cherry Picker blog. I've found some great blogs lately and have been utilizing the google reader to keep up with them. I'm having so much fun reading about other peoples shopping trips along with getting great tips and deal suggestions.
1 Thomas Bagel free - used coupon that I had one from Kraft. They took the full $4 off 2.68 price!
10 Kotex pads. I have 26 or so more coupons to use before 8/3/08. I'm stocking for the tween mentioned above!

46 items 46 coupons, great cashier who made sure that each coupon scanned. Went over the $40 limit and CSM had to approve but I was expecting that. Other than long lines and congestion while trying to find my stuff, it was a good experience. I was only disappointed that I didn't find all of the things I was looking for, but I'll try again since I'll be there frequently next week buying Kotex.

No comments: